Yesterday was one of the best days of my life. I convinced my mom to let us stay in Nauvoo on Thursday night and all day Friday. But, the main reason we were in Nauvoo was because one of my friends from SVU is doing a performance mission. (The ever talented and beautiful Jessica West). The best part of yesterday was the way I found her. Starr and I were coming back from the Joseph Smith sites and going back to our car. Our car was parked opposite this group of people that were dressed up in pioneer outfits. I noticed one particular girl that looked familiar. I said to Starr, "I think that's her!!" I moved the car over closer to the group of missionaries and walked over toward them. Recognizing her, I called out "Sister West!!" She turned and looked at me. Her face went from disbelief, recognition, and then a smile split her face. "AUTUMN!!" she squealed and ran over and hugged me. She then preceded with the other missionaries to perform various arrangement's of songs. I don't brag very often, but I do have to say that she told me I was the first person to come and see her. That made me so happy. After seeing her, Starr and I went around taking pictures for a couple of hours before heading back to the Visitors Center and seeing a performance that Jessica was in as one of the main characters. We also saw another production she was in, and did the Trail of Hope. That is were the performing missionaries tell stories or sing from that time period about the pioneers. Jessica was close to the end and sang Through Deepening Trials. She did such a fantastic job in everything that she was in. I am so thankful I got to go and see her.
But being in Nauvoo for that one day was amazing. You walk around and there are angels everywhere. Not only in the missionaries, but the silent ones that whisper to your spirit that they are still there. Doing the Trail of Hope was very moving for me. I reminded that it is okay to head into an unknown future, that as long has you have faith and do what you are supposed too life works out no matter what kind of situations you are in. I love this gospel. I have a testimony of it.
Me and Jessica
So glad you met up with your friend and got to spend some time in Nauvoo. It's one of my favorite places on earth! Also, thanks for sharing your testimony. Make sure to send a "Happy Father's Day" to heaven for your dad; I know he'll get it!
ReplyDelete