Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day

It's been a year to the day since my last post, and of course it's Father's Day. Once again, it's time to share special memories of my father. I have always been one for a great cuddle and snuggle. My father was always my go to for that. Even when most children would say "I'm too old for that" I never grew out of cuddling with my Pa. My last cuddle with him was both of us on his hospital bed taking an afternoon nap together.

My music tastes also stem from years of listening to classic country with my father. Johnny Horton, Hank Williams, Pasty Cline, Marty Robbins, Jim Reeves were just part of the music that played in the house. Pa was also a good singer. He never did anything publicly nor could he read music, he could carry a tune. From that I found a love for old 50's to early 70's music. I would play that around the house and sing along. He would always comment of how much I enjoyed it.

Bees. That is one thing I will forever associate with Pa. From the time I can remember, Pa always had bees. I remember when he would come home and smell of hot wax, sweat, honey, and horrid smelling stuff that he would put on the bees. I didn't work with him very often extracting or checking hives, but I do all about bees and honey.

One TV show that he and I loved watching together was 24. I would get so into the show because it was so intense, that he would poke me and make a "Rawr" sound to startle me. Then people who knew my father always say I look like him. This is one of my favorite picture of the two of us because we have the same smile. According to my Mom, I have his feet. I definitely inherited the ears. :) Happy Father's Day!!

 

1 comment: