I have to try to remember to not forget to post, or else things that happen can get away from me very quickly. This past weekend we have all been spiritually filled. Lately, I've been trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do with my life. I have prayed and studied with intent, but still no answer. I was beginning to suppose that something was wrong with me and why I wasn't getting any messages. But, thanks to Elder Bednar's talk on revelation, I have found something worth while. He said that revelation can come in many forms, but is it normal for revelation to not come at all even with all the prayers and studying? Elder Bednar gave an affirmative yes that is very normal. What he said next was my personal answer. He said that we sometimes just have to keep going. No matter what. When he said that, an impression came into my mind and heart that said, "Autumn, you're doing just fine right now, keep doing what you are doing." I was moved to the point of tears, and readily accepted this fleck of gold. I may not know what I am doing right now in my life, but eventually I will.
I love the gospel, I have a testimony that the Lord speaks through his Apostles and Prophets to us in this day. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it was translated by Joseph Smith. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he saw God the father and His son Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that he died for all of us to live again. I am very thankful for my family and for all that they do for me, even when I'm thousands of miles away. I am thankful for all the people in my life, they teach me something new everyday and have become family away from family. Buena Vista is wonderful. My new home away from home. I know, that I am loved by Heavenly Father, my family, my friends, and myself.
I am never alone.
Oh Autumn, what a beautiful post. You are certainly doing and seeking out what is best for you and I am so proud of you. XOXO
ReplyDeleteI just ran across you blog and have loved all of your posts; you are a gifted and insightful writer. Isn't personal revelation wonderful?! We're so blessed to have that gift from a loving Heavenly Father. Sure love you; it was great seeing you and your family yesterday. Keep blogging!
ReplyDelete