Saturday, June 11, 2011
Adventure Time: Through Wyoming and Colorado
Today the family and I started on a road trip to Oklahoma! Just to let my readers know, I hate flying tremendously. It wears me out more than sitting in a car for hours on end. And when you are driving you can look at the scenery. But driving through Wyoming for me is torture. I never have liked driving through there, but today I saw some pretty spots that caught my eye, however, it wasn't enough to change my opinion of it. We passed through little towns that looked like they were caught in the middle of two centuries that made it quite charming. Like they were old western towns with a bit of a modern twist. On a particular outskirt of a town there was a tavern. The only thing special about this tavern was its name. "The Whistling Pig". I just about died laughing at the comical name for that kind of place! Then we drove through a big mountain pass that made my mom very nervous to the point that it was very funny to watch her reactions then Starr and I imitate her. (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.) We finally got to and through Denver and saw a beautiful pink, orange, purple, and yellow sunset. We are now currently staying the night at a KOA in Limon. For tomorrow's adventure......a day in Dodge!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you about Wyoming; glad you made it through. We missed you all at the reunion this weekend, but I'm so glad you get to take this little adventure together; I love road trips! Have a safe and wonderful time. Looking forward to the next report! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteDid you die there because I have been witing to see all the fun things you have done! Too much Todd-ying to get these simple things like blogging in!
ReplyDelete