Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Me, Sentimental...............YES!

I'll admit it, I'm very sentimental. Especially when it comes to music and things that I have done. This usually happens at night. Lately, I have been  feeling a bit homesick and sentimental for my wonderful school in the magical land of Virginia. I haven't been able to describe it, until I remembered something.I wrote the following poem when I was 15 for an English class and it has been on my mind for the past couple of days. This sums up my feelings perfectly. I dedicate it to my first year at SVU and the experiences I have had. It is for everyone I met and will meet. This sums up on how I will forever feel about my personal experiences in the wonderful land of Shenandoah.

Memories 
Sweet
Heartbreaking, fun, melancholy
A reminder old sunsets, new dawns
They
Tell of old friends forever gone
Or a good year past.
Memories
Forget or remember
What life has imprinted on a soul.
They never depart, merely dwell in mind.


2 comments: