I just got done watching part of a documentary on David O. McKay. There were a lot of things that I did know about him, and he has a special place in my family since my grandmother knew him very well, and my dad met him. (If you do the math, yes I have old parents.) But, the thing that always strikes me the most about President McKay is when he found his lifelong motto: What e're thou art, act well thy part. And he more than fulfilled it during his lifetime. That got me to thinking. What is "my part" at this very moment that I, Autumn Lewis can act well upon? Well, I'm a daughter, sister, aunt, pianist, student, a daughter of God, friend, and many other parts that I can't think of! Until I have a church calling again, I am going to improve on my "parts" that I have right here and now. There is always room in life for improvement. A friend once said that if you try your darnedest and do your very best, Heavenly Father is happy. Whether you think that you have some insignificant little part in life and you are of little consequence......you, my friend, are sadly mistaken. Martin Luther King Jr. once said,
"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”
Do your best at your part, job, whatever you call it, make God and yourself happy.
I LOVE it all, even though you do have "old" parents they are VERY awesome parents too! And they are proud to be your parents and I do believe that we both chose to be in that role long before we came to earth. A very good choice.
ReplyDelete