Monday, March 21, 2011

I Feel So Tense...Oh So Tense

Group Voice. The highlights of my Mondays and Wednesdays. I have been learning A LOT from that class about my voice and how to sing correctly. But the thing that I am beginning to notice is that since the semester started that my shoulders are always being man-handled in Group Voice. (I am exaggerating of course) And today, Nate once again was working with me on how I stand.
Nate: "Ok, shake it out....now stand normal."  
Me: "This Is normal." 
Nate: "Oh, well stand like that. Keep this ( putting my head/neck into place) back. Pretend to "dangle". (He's pulling out my hair from my pony tail like its a string my head is attached to.) That's all I ask. And relax (Pushing on my shoulders)
Me: I'm always tense there. (Pointing to Kyle) Ask him, he can attest to it. 
He laughs at me and I keep singing. 

Later, my mom calls me and we chat for a bit. I ask her what I can do to relax my shoulders and neck. She tells me she's not quite sure but that I have always been a tense person. When I was little, I did not like people at ALL. (If a person looked at me funny, I'd go into hysterics....no joke.)  Basically the point is that I still get tense just as a physical reaction with new situations and people. I do admit, I'm very shy when I meet new people. But as soon as I get to know them, I relax around them and can be myself. Though, its a good thing that I've lost my bubble when it comes to some people touching me. Group Voice, I'm always getting poked and prodded. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment