So today, I went to work. Usually when I go to work on Thursdays I'm in charge of the register. Anyway, my friend Rees comes up and wants to buy cookies with his debit card. I can't let him use the card unless the purchase is over five dollars. He tries to beg some other kid to get him the cookies. I then remembered I had my ID card in my pocket. I said, "Rees, I'll get the cookies." I swipe my card and punch it in the register. He was saying "No, Autumn no!." and turned around to leave. For the umpteenth time this semester I yell at him, "Rees Davidson come back here!" He comes back with a penitent look on his face and asks, "Do you want a cookie?"
"No!" I said very exasperated. "I already had a cookie." "Well just at least have a bite." he replied. Fine. I took a small part of the cookie and ate it.
"Ahhh, it's like our first date." he said. I gave a pointed look, which he instantly said "Just kidding." Laughed and thanked me.
Oh what we do for an odd cookie.........:)
No comments:
Post a Comment