Friday, March 18, 2011
Bonfire Blowout
The weather today was....AMAZING!!! Eat your heart out Utah! The temperature was in the high seventies and low eighties, so I made up my mind to wear shorts. And ohhh was it wonderful. :) It was perfect. The humidity helped out by keeping the temperature at a constant while there was a lovely breeze all day. I went to work at Jonzzey's which was a bit uncomfortable since we have to have grills on for the hot wraps. But I got off at 7:30, took my wrap, went and ate outside. I tried pondering, but it didn't stick to well. I went back up to my room and watched part of a Waltons episode, when my roommate Sara walks in and asks me if I'm going to the bonfire. I said I wasn't planning on it but that I'll go with her. So, we hike up a steep hill to the fire pit, which I nearly tripped walking up the stupid thing. (Believe me it takes talent to trip uphill, which I do tremendously) It mostly was people singing and playing their guitars. I was listening and looking up at the full moon and semi-enjoying myself. Then, my choir director Nate, sang "Summertime" (I'm pretty sure that's the name, if not don't judge) and was amazing.(As usual) He started to sing one of my favorite 60's songs, then out of the blue the wind picks up and along with it stinging cold rain. Nate stops and says he's going home. No need to say that twice. I left pretty quickly and turned on my flashlight APP on my phone, I heard a voice say "Hey Autumn, I'll walk with you." It was Nate. I said ok, and we walked quickly trying to get out of the rain. The steep part came and I was trying to be careful so I wouldn't trip and face plant it. (Or embarrass myself) He was told me to be careful and that the hill gets steep and slick. I told him that it was a bad idea for me to come since I have weak ankles. He laughed. Then, wouldn't you know I slipped a bit but he had his arm out for me to catch my fall. I got the Lofts and thanked him. I looked like a drowned rat after, but I had a nice time. Thanks Nate for letting me use your arm and for being such a gentleman!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment