Since the last post, for those people who are grammer perfectionists I have seen at least one word that should have been there that my fingers forgot to type. (Smiles and shrugs). But today was just very relaxing and lovely. Sleeping in was great, despite the fact that I feel like a total bum when I do it and my day seems like it's wasted. :)
Anyway, after taking care of baby goats since Saturday I remember how much fun taking care of animals really is and wish that everyone had that opporntunity to have a pet to take care of. Each animal is unique. Cats are smart but selfish at times. Dogs are loveable and loyal. Birds entertaining and fun. Fish...um are ok if you are into that. Either way, pets offer security and an outlet of emotions that nothing else can replace. Many of my pets were my best friends and playmates. Out of the many cats I've had in my life, the one that will always have a special place in my heart is Baby.
It was right after school had started and the September breeze had a hint of a chill. The season of kittens was at an end. My sister had picked the very first yellow tabby kitten as her cat. I was a bit jealous, but I didn't mind that much. She was outside one day and saw my dog staring at a spot in the yard, tail wagging. She also saw fur close to my dog's nose. Thinking that was her cat, she went over to rescue it. Five minutes later she comes running into the house, holding a bright orange fluff ball with big blue eyes that was not her kitten. She hands it to me and says "Here Autumn, even though I found him, I have a yellow cat already." He was about four weeks old and not afraid of anything. My mom, sister and I deliberated on what to name him. We all came to the conclusion that since the weather was turning into fall, we needed a fall name. In the end, we chose Autumn Surprise. But, that was bit of a mouthful, I called him Baby. He grew into a handsome cat. He lost his bright orange color as he grew and his blue eyes turned yellow green. But he always knew who I was.
Pets are something not to be taken for granted. They are an extension of ourselves and how we as people we learn to love something.
Oh you brought tears to mine and Starr eyes reflecting on that cute little kitten.
ReplyDelete