Once in a while, I'll find a question and answer it.
Today's Question: What is my full name and who am I named after? If I could change it,
what would I call myself?
Well, my full name is Autumn Rose Lewis. I'm not named after anybody, but since my mother is full American Indian she wanted me to have a traditional American Indian name. As a child the nicknames I was called by were "Autumn Rose" "Rosie Posie" by my oldest sister "Pose", and by my father, "Munchkin" (This is very ironic since I'm 6'0) I still get called "Munchkin" and I don't care one bit. A funny thing that still happens to me to this day is I get called the wrong name. But its not just any wrong name. I have a personal list of the top three names other than my own I get called. August, Amber and April. My professor's still occasionally call me the wrong name, but I'll answer to it. Also when I was growing up, nobody ever tried to pun my name. I was just Autumn. It wasn't until my I arrived at the Roanoke Airport and got on the school shuttle did a guy tell me that my name reminded him of a season. (Thanks Rick Johnson!)
I don't think I want to change my name anymore. When I little I used to wonder why I had such a unusual name and why I wasn't named something normal. But I'm very much over that, and now at my campus I'm the only Autumn which makes up for any childhood trauma about my name. And whenever I get introduced or when a new professor looks at my name, I get a compliment on how pretty it is.
Thanks Mom for naming me Autumn!
You are so welcome...........and you better say a double thanks for not letting the boys name you "Daffodil"........
ReplyDelete